3M™ VHB™ Tape 4905 replaces screws, rivets and studs to permanently adhere one substrate to another while spreading the stress load across the entire length of the joint. 3M™ VHB™ tape has general purpose adhesive on both sides of firm type foam. It is white, 1.1 mm thick and bonds to many high surface energy substrates.
Designed to create durable and reliable bonds of transparent materials or wherever a clear bond is needed.
- Fast and easy-to-use permanent bonding method provides high strength and long-term durability
- Clear construction allowing joining of transparent material and virtually invisible bondline
- Strong and durable bonds to a wide variety of high to medium surface energy substrates like paints, metals and glass, acryl glass (PMMA), polycarbonate
- Superior outdoor performance, UV and solvent resistance
- High aging resistance
- Creates a permanent seal against water, moisture and more
- High dynamic stress absorption reduces vibration and impact stress
- Eliminate drilling, grinding, refinishing, screwing, welding and clean-up
- Joining transparent material
- Mount backlit translucent signs
- Bond lens window to housing
- Bond of decorative material, trim, attachments
- Bond of nameplates, logos and signs