Transparent overlay film with pressure-sensitive adhesive, typically used as an overlaminate in the 3M UV digital printing process. Recommended for 3M™ Diamond Grade™ Reflective Sheeting and High Intensity Prismatic Reflective Sheeting. Expected durability of traffic signs is comparable to that of the 3M Reflective Sheetings on which is applied.
- Digitally printed traffic signs using the transparent Electronic Cuttable Film 1170C as an overlaminate can be CE marked following the respective European Technical Approval (ETA)
- Due to the high transparency of 3M Electronic Cuttable Films, retroreflective signs made with these films give equal or better retroreflective performance than sheetings screenprinted with transparent inks
- Transparent coloured Electronic Cuttable Films applied to white 3M™ Reflective Sheeting can be expected to give performance comparable to integrally coloured reflective sheetings
- Imaging through a solvent free process compared to screenprinting inks
- Provides optimal cutting, weeding, lifting, and transfer features