- Stabilises the catheter, minimising catheter movement.
- Waterproof, sterile barrier protects the I.V. site from external contaminants such as bacteria, viruses, blood and body fluids – in vitro testing shows that the transparent film provides a viral barrier from viruses 27 nm in diameter or larger while the dressing remains intact without leakage
- Transparency allows monitoring of I.V. sites without the need to remove the dressing.
- Breathable film lets oxygen in and moisture vapour out.
- Picture-frame delivery makes placement accurate and easy, minimising potential to stick to gloves or to itself.
- Framed style allows one-handed application and less waste. Non-adhesive handles allow for hassle-free application.
- Waterproof dressing provides a breathable bacterial and viral barrier to outside contaminants and allows the patient to shower.
- Up to 7-day wear time
- Notched designs provide a better seal around the catheter.
3M™ Tegaderm™ Transparent Film Dressing, Frame Style, is a sterile, vapour permeable transparent film dressing.
3M™ Tegaderm™ Transparent Film Dressings can be used to cover and protect catheter sites, and secure devices to the skin.
- Short peripheral and midline venous catheters
- Central venous catheters (including subclavian, jugular, femoral and PICCs)
- Implanted infusion devices (ports)
- Dialysis catheters
- Pulmonary artery catheters
- Arterial catheters
- Epidural catheters
- Insulin pump catheters
- Scalp vein needles
- Feeding tubes