Durable, high performance, solvent-resistant, protection film, with a pressure-sensitive adhesive. It is applied as a protective overlay to signs made from 3M™ Diamond Grade™ DG3 Prismatic and 3M™ High Intensity Prismatic (HIP) Reflective Sheetings. Film is guaranteed for same number of years as the 3M reflective sheeting to which it is applied when screenprinted.
- When applied as a protective overlay on retroreflective signs, the signs will have similar day-night appearance
- Barrier to staining by many types of graffiti or defacement, including spray paint, permanent markers and promotional stickers
- It allows easy cleaning of graffiti and removal of promotional stickers
- New signs must be clean and the process colours completely dry and hard prior to applying the film
- If applied on existing signs, sign surface should be cleaned with detergent and water, rinsed, and thoroughly dried prior to application
- To facilitate application, the film is provided laminated with 3M premasking tape.
- Transparent colours for 3M™ High Intensity grade reflective sheeting need not be clear coated prior to overlay film application.
- One of the following application methods is recommended: mechanical squeeze roll applicator, hand squeeze roll applicator or hand application.